For testing high power waveguide components at low power, transitions from fundamental rectangular waveguide are useful. Such transitions can be supplied as corrugated horn/collimating lens or as mode converter/taper types. The mode converter/taper types have higher output mode purity.
Transitions that General Atomics has provided include:
- Rectangular waveguide to circular TE01 waveguide mode converters
- Rectangular waveguide to circular HE11 corrugated waveguide converters
- WR10 to 31.75 mm waveguide (92-96 GHz)
- WR8 to 31.75 mm or 60.3 mm waveguide (110-140 GHz)
- WR6 to 63.5 mm waveguide (170 GHz)