Why Choose General Atomics
- You’ll follow in the footsteps of some the world’s leading scientists and engineers who founded the company in 1955 for the purpose of harnessing the power of nuclear technologies for the benefit of mankind.
- You’ll join an organization that continually expands its expertise, making it one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development.
- You’ll partner with scientists and engineers, leaders in their fields, who have a passion for excellence and a willingness to accept the challenges of finding better ways to do things and then to make it happen.
- You’ll become part of a goal-oriented organization that fosters employee development and individual career success.
- All of this creates an exhilarating and challenging work environment.
General Atomics is among the leading technology employers in the San Diego area. We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
TAX REDUCTION PLANS
- Pre-tax premium options
- Pre-tax spending accounts for health care and dependent care
- Life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Business travel accident insurance
- Long term disability insurance
RETIREMENT PLANS (PDF)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Pension plan (defined benefit)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Legal services insurance plan
- Recreation facilities
- Employee Recreation Association (ERA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility varies with employee status and longevity. Most benefits are available to regular employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week and are generally available within one month of an employee's hire date. Benefit programs described on this site are explicitly defined in legal documents. The formal language of the plan documents, and not the informal wording of this summary, would govern in the event of a conflict. General Atomics reserves the right to change, amend or terminate any of the benefit plans at any time and for any reason.