General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) offers concept to on-orbit engineering services for the design, prototype, test, and deployment of advanced small satellites to support a variety of defense and aerospace applications. We offer proven designs, integrated system solutions, a history of operational flight experience, and high mission assurance to help meet a broad range of communications and mission requirements.
Nanosatellites are emerging as a highly efficient, low cost solution for beyond line-of-sight communications. GA-EMS specializes in developing 3U and larger small satellites up to approximately 500 kg. Our ground-to-space solutions support multi-comms, multi-band, and multi-spectral capabilities, and EO/IR and SAR requirements. GA-EMS testing and lab capabilities ensure the delivery of fully tested units that provide the functionality and performance specified. With a high degree of configuration and payload flexibility, we help customers expand communications across a broader latitudinal area and deliver timely voice, data and image information directly to users in remote areas of operation worldwide.
- Full mechanical design, modeling, simulation, analysis and test
- Payload design, test, and integration
- CubeSat propulsion systems
- Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) design, modeling, simulation and test
- Communication systems analysis, integration, and test
- Ground control stations, mission planning, on-orbit operations
- Spacecraft electronics and power systems design, build and test
- End user training and support
- Ground and flight software design, integration, and testing
- Full Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) modeling and simulation
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) acquired Surrey Satellite Technology US LLC (Surrey-US). We’re proud of our rich heritage in the design, manufacture, launch, and operation of small satellites. GA-EMS continues to expand its portfolio of paradigm-shifting hosted payload satellites and ground-to-space solutions. Our mission is to create tailored satellite solutions that will help our customers explore the possibilities of space.