Energy Group Internships
General Atomics (GA) is proud to offer rewarding undergraduate research opportunities through the Department of Energy (DOE) Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) and the Community College Internship (CCI) programs.
SULI/CCI offers selected applicants an opportunity to perform research under the guidance of laboratory staff scientists and engineers with sponsorship by the DOE. While pandemic conditions required the 2020 and 2021 program to be conducted virtually, GA is committed to making future programs as interactive as possible under COVID-19 restrictions.
- Results: Complete a research paper and present a poster
- Minimum GPA: 2.95
- Minimum Age: 18 years as of internship start date
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident
- Location: DIII-D National Fusion Facility or GA's Inertial Fusion Technologies facilities, both in San Diego, CA
- Remote participation from the intern's residence is also considered
|Fall 2022||Spring 2023||Summer 2023||Fall 2023|
|Online Application Opening Date||March 16, 2022||July 14, 2022||October 18, 2022||March 15, 2023|
|Application Due Date||May 26, 2022||October 18, 2022||January 10, 2023||May 25, 20203|
|Program Term Duration||*16 weeks||*16 weeks||10 weeks||*16 weeks|
|Program Term Dates||September - December||January - May||June - August||September - December|
*CCI Fall/Spring is 400 hours
For more information and to apply for an internship see the DOE websites for each program.
GA recognizes and appreciates the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcomes all qualified individuals to consider our many career opportunities by visiting https://www.ga-careers.com.